June 1861 Extra!!! Edition of the American Civil War Gazette
The Extra!!! Edition of the American Civil War Gazette contains back issues as well as additional articles that did not appear in the daily edition.
In addition to this app you need the FREE American Civil War Gazette app.
Once installed, open the American Civil War Gazette app, and from the article list simply browse to any date in May 1861 after that date s 150th Anniversary.
Highlights of the May 1861 Edition:
- West Virginia splits from Virginia and is admitted to the Union
- Attack at Aquia Creek Continues
- Raids at Fairfax Court House, Virginia
- Battle of Philippi, Virginia
- Gen. Butler considers slaves "contraband of war" and refuses to return escaped slaves to their owners. Instead he employs them (with pay) in the army to assist in building fortifications.
- Battle of Big Bethel, Virginia
- Battle of Boonville, Missouri
- Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland and Missouri stay with the Union
- The Merrimac is recovered from Norfolk Harbor
- Tennessee voters approve Ordinance of Secession
- Southern troops pour into Lynchburg
- Fortifications at Manassas Junction foreshadow coming Battle of Bull Run (a.k.a. Battle of Manassas)
- Death of Stephen A. Douglas
- Continued skirmishing in Texas
- Union troops ordered to retreat from New Mexico territory
- Debates over construction and contracts for new models of Union gun-boats to enforce blockade
- Contract procurement fraud
- Southern privateers and Union blockade ships continue to capture and return prizes; mostly to New York and New Orleans
- Continued appeals for nurses and medical supplies
- New York Seventh Regiment leaves Washington to return to New York
- Skirmishing at Williamsport
- Great Britain continues debates over privateering and blockade
- Indiana troops on the move
1861 June ACW Gazette Extra is a free software application from the Other subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2011-06-07. The program can be installed on Android 2.1 and up.
1861 June ACW Gazette Extra (version 1.4) has a file size of 5.14 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 44 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.